Five Hat Heads
My friend Misty and I get our little homeschoolers together for Craft Day once a month. Today, we made hats. At first, I thought the project might be a little ambitious for my girls but they surprised me. They've never sewn before but Mia got the knack of it right away and sewed most of her hat herself, even adding extra buttons on the rim. Grace needed a little more help but managed to sew some buttons without sticking herself or her mama. Sophie had a hard time focusing on the crafts because of Misty's heavenly playroom but she got a hat of her own anyway. Craft Day is at the Doyle house next month. I'll start planning tomorrow- the bar's pretty high!
Anna did a great job sewing everything herself
Grace sewed a few stitches and a couple of buttons- with help- and then did a terrific job modeling the final product
Mia's not sure if it's a hat or a bag!
Mia talked sewing all the way home and wanted another project right away. I pulled out some mending that's been waiting at least two years for my attention. She got right on it.
now *that's* how you put a kid to work!! i've got a few things that need stitching too. send her my way next!! :)
ReplyDelete