Last night was our homeschool talent show. We met at the church and showed off our kids' work and talent. Our group is small, very different from the co-op we were a part of in Beaumont. It is also Catholic which we love because we do Catholic things like children's adoration and saint's day celebrations.
Madeleine, Mia and Grace all did poetry recitations (I ask them to memorize as much as possible to take advantage of the fact that their young brains are like little sponges). Madeleine recited "The Jaberwocky" by Lewis Carroll, Mia did "Lovely Lady Dressed in Blue", a poem about Mary. She also presented a diagram she had made of her room. That was really cute. "Here is my bed. Here is under my bed. Here is my radio where I listen to tapes..." Grace was going to recite Shel Silverstein's "I'm Being Eaten by a Boa Constrictor" but decided at the last minute to recite her Angel of God prayer instead, holding the microphone right up to her mouth like a rapper.
At the end, all of the kids from children's adoration hour got up onstage to sing some of their songs. In the picture I took, they're singing "To be a Saint" and doing the motion of making a halo over their heads.
All-in-all, a fun family night followed by a short date night over margaritas!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.