Friday, January 16, 2009

Celebrating Sophie

Look at me, I am THREE!

Since we hosted a New Year's Eve party this year, we decided to save Sophie's birthday celebration for Sunday night of the weekend my parents were here.  I bought a huge turkey and we did a reprise of Thanksgiving dinner with stuffing, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole and cranberry sauce.  Sophie had both sets of grandparents there (lucky girl!) and of course all of her sisters.
She was dressed like a princess and enjoyed everything- the dinner, the toasts, the cake, blowing out the candles and the gifts.  She was so interested in her next-to-last gift (a little piano) that we never made it to the treasure hunt to find the last one.  We're saving that for one day when we need an adventure.
We all played pin the tail on the donkey- the first time I've done that in 25 years!  It was fun, the birthday girl won and no one accidentally pinned someone other than the donkey!  
All-in-all, a wonderful celebration.

The guest of honor

To Sophie!

Me with two of my favorite people

Getting ready to serenade the birthday girl

Chris didn't quite make it to the donkey

A gift from Ella (she had some help picking it out). I think it was Sophie's favorite.  She doesn't like to play the game, just build the Cooties and make them talk to each other

Mommy & Daddy and a tired princess

1 comment:

  1. I might actually buy Cootie for my kids if that's all they wanted to do with it. Can we trade a boy for one of your girls? That might make everyone happy! : )

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.