It was a sad day at the Doyle house as we had to say goodbye to Grandma and Paka. This has been such an awesome visit, I'd love to have them here for a whole month. Plus, Mom and I only got one walk in. I dragged her four miles round trip to Turtle Bridge, so I think she's glad that was our only jaunt, but I'm not!
My parents are great house guests because they are so easy to please. Give Dad a paper and a jar of Planters and he's happy (understanding of course that he misses the John Deer). Mom was in heaven with our "library" and managed to read the whole Narnia series minus the last book while she was here.
The hand-off to Martina happened in Brenham, Texas, halfway between here and Austin. We met at the Blue Bell plant. I'm not an ice cream connoisseur - I know much more about wine and gourmet potato chips - but Blue Bell is my favorite ice cream. It's only sold in 17 states and Virginia isn't one of them, so we have a lot of eating to do before we move in a year or so!
The tour was great* and ended with huge samples. Ella rated her own and had no problem polishing it off. Afterward, we had a picnic at a nearby park and gave hugs goodbye. We'd gone about five minutes down the road when the girls asked if we could go to Grandma and Paka's house. They cried when I told them that going for a month in February wasn't a possibility. We'll all be looking forward to heading east this summer.
Thanks for everything Mom and Dad. We love you!
*We found out that it takes 50,000 cows to provide the milk for one day's worth of ice cream production!
** Stay tuned for more posts about the adventures we had with Grandma & Paka!
I scream, you scream, we all scream for Blue Bell!
Two cuties
She ate the WHOLE thing!
Enjoying the Texas weather
This was a first for Sophie
Drew is on the move! Good luck Martina!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.