The "Romantic Castle Cake Set" seemed like a good idea for Sophie's birthday when I bought it on impulse at Walmart. After dumping its 32 pieces on our kitchen table, I wasn't so sure.
My normal go-to cake for birthdays is a doll cake. I bought the mold right before Madeleine's 3rd birthday. I remember the first time I made it, the doll earned the name "Bondage Barbie" because I had to tie her wrists together to get her to hold a bouquet. Since then, she's gotten so much use that her body is stained a dark pink in several places and she doesn't stand up straight anymore. We were definitely ready for something new.
Lucky for me, my mom is here to help with all things including architectural projects. It was a group effort. I baked the cake, Mom frosted it and Mia and Grace helped decorate it. Chris put the finishing touch on, a warning to future suitors that don't treat the princesses with the respect they deserve.
WHERE did you get that awesome cake plate??? ;) The cake looks awesome, especially the head. lol
ReplyDeleteMy little sis with awesome taste! Yeah, we'll see who gets that piece!
ReplyDelete