Wednesday, September 2, 2009

So Crafty

We're easing back into homeschooling this week with a structured schedule, science club projects and, best of all, Craft Day.  

Sophie loved the stepping stone project but just couldn't leave her stone alone and kept coming back to make more hand prints and add more jewels.  I've heard it said that the key to children's art is knowing when to take it away from them so I may work a little harder on that in the future.  We had a wonderful time though and I have about a month to think of a worthy follow-up project.  If you have any ideas, please share.

3 comments:

  1. My husband is an art teacher and he uses colored pipe cleaners for the younger students to manipulate into whatever shapes they want. He normally gives each student 3 or 4 different colors and they have a blast. It does not have to be representative of anything. Jonathan says it's more about the process than about the product when children are young.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea! And love Gargamella's comment....

    Thanks for visting my blog and for your sweet comment. I hope I can keep you interested as I get through my whining phase and back into my inspired moods! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good project for Gramma's Christmas present -- stepping stones for the garden!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.