This has been a bit of a rough week. Chris has been on the west coast, I've missed my runs for the second week in a row and our normally predictable schedule has been off as I've handled the kid and house logistics on my own. In the midst of all of that though, I had an amazing "aha" moment* today that I wanted to share.
As I handed the girls their lunch plates today, I told them that I had given them three carrots--one for each person of the Holy Trinity. Observant Mia looked at her plate and asked why I had given them each five slices of strawberry. I told her, "I don't know, I just did." Almost immediately, she responded, "I know Mom, they're for the five wounds of Jesus." Then she and Grace went over to look at the crucifix, presumably to verify the existence of the five wounds. After a few moments, Grace said in a sad voice, "poor Jesus". And my heart melted. What a blessing to be here for these special moments when my children remind me again of what's really important.
*Aha moments are glimpses of the good fruit that I hope to be growing in my children. I find that the more I look for them, the more I find them.
I can only say, simply, thank you, darlin'.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful!
ReplyDeleteGreat post!
ReplyDeleteWhat incredibly smart kids. Give Grace a big squeeze from me. (And the rest of them too, of course. :)
ReplyDeleteok first, i was going to say ugh, i love this post! Then i saw your hubs with his comment post above and that is just beautiful! As a mom of...well 3 now, but with Travis home with me..i adore these stolen moments. Stolen because there are so many distractions in life. I love getting glimpses into their minds and souls.
ReplyDelete