My new--and only--internet friend Emily is running a contest. The assignment is to take pictures of a list of ten things and either post them on a blog or email them to her. Click here for more info.
This was a lot of fun and since she's drawing the name of the winner from all of the entrants, there's no real competition--you do it just...because. So here's my list. I'd love to see yours.
#1 Something you need every single day
The sun? Quiet time with the Lord? Laughter? My contacts? All possibilities. My answer? Quality time with the people I love. As the mom of a big family and busy household, my life can quickly become a list of to-do's combined with never-ending errand running. If I don't take the time to cuddle my babies or share a glass of wine with my bollazo-- what's the point?
My lens cap. I couldn't figure out how I lost it but I was beside myself looking for it because I take my camera everywhere, carrying it unceremoniously in my purse or diaper bag. I need my lens cap. It took a few weeks but I finally found it in the pocket of these shorts--fortunately before I washed them.
#3 A happy place in your home
I had planned to take a picture of our dining room because that is the scene of the special, sparkly times of our lives--birthday parties, game nights, dinners with visitors, dinners with friends. I changed my mind tonight at dinner when we were all sharing the details of our days and "special plating" Daddy. Our kitchen is mostly for Frodo Seven. The table is barely big enough for us but it's where we have our "ordinary time"--the time that makes up the bulk of our lives. It is definitely happy.
I am sorry to say that if I am what I eat, I must be a potato chip. I can't get enough of them. These are currently my favorite kind.
This may be my favorite picture of me and C. It was taken at 5:30 AM the day we left for our honeymoon. We both look so happy--and maybe a little naive--about beginning our married life. Now when I see the picture I think, "you go girl--smile big--he's an A+ guy".
Sorry--I can't pick one. Chris and I have a shelf of "great books"--books that have impacted us in some way. These are a few of them.
The only thing fall-y in Texas is the date on the calendar. I am very bitter about it because other than that (and missing my family), I love Texas life.
I like blue and I love the combination of colors on Ella's new hat.
Smurfs. I used to watch the Smurfs every Saturday morning. Now I have a collection of Smurf glasses and Smurf figures that I very occasionally--only as a special privilege--allow the kids to play with. Brainy is my favorite because he's such a know-it-all. I keep him around to remind me of how ridiculous I sound when I start to pontificate.
I feel like I'm in a holding pattern with my running and fitness. I'm consistent but I'm not really "bringing it" or pushing myself. The Garmin isn't mine but it may be a good tool to help me run farther and faster. Maybe I'll sign up for a long race...
What fun! Love your daughter's new hat! And love the idea of your family clustering around the table to bond and unwind.
ReplyDeleteI am GLAD we are internet friends! :) :)
thanks for playing...
whoa! i found you! I'm super pumped! I hope it's ok that i cyber stalked you. :) I actually was catching up on my reading (blogs that is) and saw you mentioned on Kim's. Lovin especially that you posted that sweet bean on yer beautiful ella's noggin. :)
ReplyDeletepeace!