Of course, we don't have to wait for a deathbed conversion to come back to the "good" side. The only unforgivable sin is the unrepented one. Jesus gave us the Sacrament of Reconciliation on the very first Easter when He breathed on His apostles and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them. Whose sins you retain are retained" (John 20:22-23) I don't really understand how God not only forgives but forgets our sins, "and their sins and iniquities I will remember no more" (Heb 10:17). I mean--how is that possible? He is God and knows everything. I believe it though. It is a miracle of love.
I know I don't take advantage of the Sacrament of Penance enough. Maybe if I could see with God's eyes, I'd notice more quickly when my soul needs the cleansing of that special sacrament (every day).
So, back to Star Wars--I love it. Probably in part because it reminds me of another story--the one of my salvation. ( And of course, there's Harrison Ford, R2D2 and a cute and cuddly wookie...)
A blessing on ordination
In confession, the priest, standing in for Jesus, makes the sign of the cross and says,
"I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.