Monday, September 7, 2009

Birthday Breakfast

So, before Grace's big bash, we had a quiet celebration for seven.  We gathered around our kitchen table for a breakfast feast complete with smurf glasses and presents for the birthday girl.  Lately she's been telling me that all she wants is a chihuahua for a friend but she seemed content to settle for an ugly doll of her very own and the tea set that she knew she was getting.  She also opened a pair of in-line skates but her face fell when she saw them because she's afraid of scrapes and bruises.  Of course, her partner in crime Mia has a pair so it won't be long before they're zooming around together. 
Her party later in the day was a huge success and clean-up is already done thanks to Jack and Barbara and our friends Michael and Michelle who stayed late into the night to help.  ¡Muchas gracias!  I'll post party pictures soon.
I have to say, despite all the fun, I was a little sad our sweet nieces and nephews weren't there to enjoy it all.  Ashley, Jonathan, Paige, Drew, Brendan, Ryan, Lauren, Sean, Rachel, Alex, Zack, Matthew, Anya and Ceci--you were all sorely missed and we love you!



1 comment:

  1. Sweet girl! Tell her I enjoyed talking to her yesterday, and that it's pretty easy to get 9 of her cousins to the party - move to Virginia!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.