Madeleine has always been great about celebrating her sisters' birthdays. She puts a lot of thought into their gifts and really makes them feel loved by their big sis'. Grace's birthday snuck up on all of us and Madeleine never got the chance to shop for her gift. So, she improvised and gave her an outing to lunch and a movie. I played chauffeur and, as a bonus, had a few hours to myself to do my lesson planning and grading.
I've written before about my hope that the girls develop lasting friendships with each other and on days like this, I see dimly the fruits of my labors. What a blessing!
Earlier in the week as we were watching old family movies, Madeleine told her dad and me, "I'm so glad I have sisters". I would say, they are lucky to have her.
Madeleine bought lunch at Chik Fil A and tickets to Ice Age III
Total cost? $32
I can't believe how expensive movies are! (Am I showing my age?)
This post made me tear up. What a sweetie Madeleine is. It's not hard to figure out where all that generosity comes from.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet. I love reading your blog because it reminds me of what I have to look forward to with my family. I hope Ella does this for her younger siblings (hopefully sisters) someday :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a role model. Love you, Madeleine. And what a sweet little sis. Love you, grace. Your b-day present is in the mail but I sent it by the slow boat so it may take a week to get there.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Gramma