1) First piano lessons of the year (first ever for Grace):
With the start of a new school year comes the start of activities. I have to admit, I am a bit of a grinch about it because I am jealous of our family time. It's possible that I may even snarl when someone suggests that our girls should be in dance lessons, karate, gymnastics, soccer--whatever. I prefer trips to the playground or watching them ride their bikes down the street. Kids need free time in abundance. And plenty of opportunities to play with their siblings. Of course, I'm not quite grinchy enough to say no to all activities and the girls had their first days of a few of them this past week.
First, the oldest three started piano again. Chris and I have agonized a bit over this one because it is so expensive. We got a great deal on our piano while we were living in Beaumont with the idea that the girls would each take at least a couple of years of lessons. We are sticking with that but it is difficult to write a check the size of a car payment to the music school each month. We have tried teachers who work out of their homes but have found better structure and quality at the school. As a bonus, their piano teacher is also the director of the children's choir at church--another of their activities.
I love hearing them singing their choir songs around the house. They have a lot of friends in the choir who happen to mostly be the children of our friends. So, that activity is worth every bit of the effort it takes to get them to practice and to church bright and early Sunday morning.
Then there's Madeleine. Madeleine is like her mother--she doesn't like tradeoffs and when asked to choose, says, "both". She wanted to do several sports this year but we told her that with piano, honor choir, National Honor Society and the school musical she'd have to pick one. She picked volleyball and is having a great time. We all went to her first game last week. They won which was a bonus but win or lose, Madeleine just loves being a part of the team.
2) First choir performance (Grace's 1st ever):
3) First volleyball game:
Bonus:
Not the first time with mommy's favorite new do
(but close)
First time wearing this mermaid suit
Ella is old enough to enjoy new clothes especially when her sisters fuss over her!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.