Monday, October 19, 2009

The Mouths of Babes

Grace said something interesting tonight.  She told me she wished we had a genie.  I think she was mostly thinking of the American Girl Doll Catalogue we just received in the mail but she also said that she would ask for "Mommy not to get mad at me".  Hmmm...I guess it was one of those days--the kind where I break out my Mad Mommy Stare more often than usual--you know the one--it's supposed to melt defiance in an instant, silence the whining, restore balance to the force.  Instead, I'm sure it just makes me look ridiculous.  I wanted to tell Grace that she'd get her wish if she would only stop doing things to make Mommy mad but I know that's impossible for her.  About as impossible as it would be for me to shelve the Mad Mommy Stare for good.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your girls are lucky. My boys get the Mad Mommy stare and is usually followed by the Mad Mommy yell. And I don't think they taught that in Mommy Jedi school, it's one of those things that comes from "the dark side". May the force be with us today, Alice. See ya tonight!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.