Sunday, October 25, 2009

An Announcement

As many of you know, Chris and I have been debating the question "to move or not to move" for a long time.  Before we went back to Virginia this summer, we had mostly settled on staying in Texas.  After spending over a month with extended family in the most beautiful state in the union (I haven't actually seen survey data on this), we started to reconsider.
Back and forth we've gone.  Move to Virginia or move to another, bigger, house here.  Chris even bought me a notepad with "pros" on one side and "cons" on the other.  In the end though, it came down to gut feelings and we have decided to not only stay here but to stay in our house.  Yay!  I love our house--small and quirky as it is, it holds many memories and is truly a home.  I like that we don't take up any more space than we absolutely need--our contribution to saving the planet.  I also honestly didn't feel ready to take on the responsibility of a bigger house and will enjoy working to improve ours.  Finally, the decision to put ourselves in a holding pattern means that we can wait and see how things go with our extended family and our Catholic homeschooling group and evaluate whether this area will work for us over the long haul.   
So, in the coming months, we will be finishing some projects we've thought of doing but haven't because we thought we'd be moving.  And although we'll continue to be without our own pool, we may put in a hot tub--and buy a margarita machine?  Who knows.  For the next year or two or three though, one thing we can say is "there's no place for us like Casa Doyle!"

6 comments:

  1. And hey, if you ever need extra space, you have a good sized back yard that can afford you a small addition off the back. ;) SO jealous of your quiet neighborhood and the size of your bedrooms, but I can relate to the need for more space but valuing what you *do* have.

    as always, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the title and thought it would a more interesting announcement :-P

    if you put in a hot tub and get a margarita machine, I (we) may have to visit! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm still working on Lawrence. I'm so ready to be out of Nova and love LOVE where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should move to West Virginia. The cost of living is much lower here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're staying! Saw 3 of your lovely girls last night. They are so nice and polite and Sophie had my husband and I in stitches. He helped her with her food and craft and she kept telling him what to do. I'm sure Misty told you but she also announced that it was "late" and that "this was taking too long" and she had to go home to go to bed so mom and dad could watch House. Guess she was tired of "bringing it."
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A hot tub in Texas? You'll have to keep it full of ice and sodas in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.