So, another new thing we're doing this year is K4J or, "Kids for Jesus". My friend Misty decided to lead it and now, one evening a month, we join a group of seven or eight other kids and their moms to learn about the next mission that will draw us closer to Jesus. I missed last month's meeting because Chris and I were in New Orleans--fortunately, Jack was able to take the girls--but I was there this time to witness the raising of Lazarus and to hear about the importance of forgiveness.
Misty did an A+ job with the skit, the games, the craft and the snack, all of which fit in with the theme. The three Doyle dames who participate--Mia, Grace and Sophie--loved it and have been reminding me of things they learned ever since.
A funny side note--Jack and Barbara were over Sunday night and Jack was asking the girls about their K4J meeting. He told us a related story about Grace. I don't remember this but I trust him. Apparently one time while we were visiting them in Denver, the story of Lazarus was read at Mass. They probably dramatized it a bit because that was the style of their church. Later, back at home, Little Grace, who couldn't have been more than two, stood outside Nick's cage saying, "Nick, come out!" Which goes to show what sponges little kids are. (Nick did not come out--he's a bit ornery though so maybe he just needed a little sprinkling with Holy Water.)
Did you know that Lazarus was a Longhorn?
Lying down listening to the story of Jesus' healing of the paralytic
Jesus healed his soul first by forgiving his sins and then his body
Sophie takes a turn riding the stretcher to Jesus
Blurry photo of Sophie's forgiving heart
We can't wait till next month! Thank you, Mrs. Cey!
learning so much from your life and joys and ideas. Thank you!!!!
ReplyDelete