Monday, October 12, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

You Can Stand Under My Umbrella--Ella--Ella

So, the upside of our weather is that we haven't had to run away from a hurricane so far this fall.  In the spring, Chris was cleaning out the garage and he started a sentence, "So, next time we have to evacuate for a hurricane, I think we should..."  I cut him off and said, "Next time?  What do you mean next time?  We're not doing that again."  Silly thing to say because I'd much rather be watching the storm on the news from a few hundred miles away than feeling it pass over.  I am grateful not to be living that particular adventure right now.
Not grateful enough to refrain from complaining about the weather though.  For the past couple of months we have had one week after another of rain, rain, rain.  I'm starting to feel like a duck--a duck with a very moldy back because when it rains in Houston, it never really dries out.  And the mosquitos go crazy breeding--something that doesn't bother me much because my blood apparently doesn't tempt them.  Chris is much sweeter than I am though and he gets eaten alive.  Unfortunately, he passed on that trait to a couple of the girls.
So to summarize--what I am is tired of....rain!  Give me some blue skies and cool weather please.  Pretty please.

2 comments:

  1. i'll see what i can do about a full weekend of blue skies and 70 degrees. :) you speak what my heart was feeling! i'm bummed with the rain, but my lawn and flowers are happy....
    and i have this old noah's ark kids picture...
    "if you're going to see the sun shine, you've got to stand a little rain." think there'll be rain in heaven? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's supposed to be a high of 50 tomorrow here if that makes you feel any better. 70 today - 50 tomorrow. That's fall in Virginia for you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.