Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Love These People

So, if my tone seemed a bit angry in my last post, that's because I was...angry.  This weekend though, I spent time with some people that I love, people that give me hope--appropriate since they go with my friend Hope who is Sophie's godmama and my SFAM or, sister from another mother.  Allow me to introduce them to you.

Meet Hope and Ralph.  They are having a moment but if they were available to say hi, they would invite you in, serve you a delicious meal and maybe even give you some eggs, freshly laid by one of their dozen chickens (all named Carl).

They live in this beautiful home not quite in the country somewhere in the Lone Star State

This is their front door.  Isn't it inviting?

They have five beautiful children: Rome, Christian and Sophie 
posing here with Carl the indoor chicken...

...Abby who is possibly Frodo Seven's most faithful follower,

...and Bella, their darling three year old who is just one week older than Sophie.

They have a cat, Flicka,

two dogs,


and lots of chickens--did I mention that they're all named Carl?





Hope fills their lives with beauty



her artwork is a small part of that

the rest?

her presence,

the gift of herself,

to them,

every day,

...of her life.
I love you guys, my Lady Cat friends,

and Ella wants to know--"when can we go back Mama?
I want to pet the doggies."

Well, if nothing else, we'll be back for Ralph's "Egg in the Hole".
Wow--what a breakfast!

Muchas gracias.  Os amamos.  (have Rome translate)

2 comments:

  1. i may have to steal the ROME name for future babies (this one's already named, boy or girl) but oh what a beautiful post and how honoring of you to share what blesses you about them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love their place! Looks like you guys had a great time. I like the Simplicity patterns on the wall. What room does she have them displayed in?
    Hasta miércoles! (is that written correctly?)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.