Friday, October 9, 2009

Jumping In

I've been reading Mary Poppins to Mia, Grace and sometimes Sophie.  One recent chapter found Mary and a friend going into a picture and enjoying an afternoon there.  I asked my small pupils to gather a few books and choose a picture they would like to jump in to.  Mia had a very hard time narrowing hers down.  These are the ones they settled on:

Mia chose this one from a book called To Be A Princess.  She thinks it would be fun to wear an elegant dress and walk through a tunnel with a little dog following.

Grace chose a picture from one of my favorite books.  Why?  
I hoped she would say, "because I want to go to Spain".  
What she said was, "because it's sunny and I want to sit and smell the flowers."
Good answer.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we do love Ferdinand. But I agree with Miss Amelia, that picture looks dreamy! She's my kind of girl and Elliot agrees.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.