Mighty Prayer Warriors
I hosted our October Craft Day at Casa Doyle this morning. Our project? Prayer pillows--a takeoff on tooth fairy pillows and an AMD original. It was a bit ironic that I chose to lead a sewing project because I haven't dusted off my sewing machine in about five years. Fortunately, my partner in crime is a master seamstress. She reintroduced me to the ins and outs of my Kenmore and came to the rescue when my needle broke ten minutes after we started.
The pillows weren't an especially kid-friendly project and the girls needed quite a bit of help but the results were terrific. My thought was that they could fill their pockets with prayer intentions and pictures of people they wanted to pray for. Mia and Grace went one step further this evening when they sat down and wrote letters to Jesus to put in their pockets. The funny thing about that was that I have been trying to get Grace to write "Jesus" and "I love you" for weeks. While she is a very enthusiastic math student, she does not like handwriting and has been known to cry over it in frustration. So this message to Jesus is a double first for her and I am so proud.
Too sweet!
ReplyDeleteAhhh, more people to call upon when I need help with Rita's Mary dress!!! :) Look at those pretty girls in that top picture!!
ReplyDeleteCute idea, I may steal it and boy it up!
ReplyDelete