Casa Doyle looked a lot like an art studio today. First, I worked on potato printing with our girls plus my friend Misty's two. I started by cutting shapes into potato halves but decided to add celery, carrots, broccoli and grapes to the mix. It was really fun but we were working with paint that I bought back when we lived in Beaumont. It was goopy and gloppy and didn't cooperate well so the girls ended up using the veggies to spread the paint around willy nilly. After the artists were finished, I worked with them on writing a formula poem to go with the animal they had painted. That was a lot of fun. I went to google to find lists of adjectives and verbs that went with the letters we needed. All of the poems ended "on my page" and were very cute. The poets were very proud of themselves.
Later in the afternoon, my friend Kim came over with her boys. It was a little wet outside and Kim's oldest, Evan, asked for paper to draw. Pretty soon they were all back at the table drawing. Kim's boys are amazing artists. I expect to see their work for sale someday. I wonder if I'll get a discount....
Boy art
Girl art
Family always gets a discount! BTW, it's 11:30 and the Dad's aren't home yet-maybe we should try Molly's one night!!
ReplyDelete