It's that time of year again. Time for the clothes overhaul. I do it twice a year and have to dedicate a few days to the project if I want to do it right. Right means storing clothes according to size in airtight plastic bins that can be shelved in the garage. Not doing it right means shoving clothes into plastic bags and cluttering up a closet for a season. This year, I'm taking the time to do it right and the girls, eager to see their "new" duds were eager to help.
When I go through the clothes, I always feel a rush of emotion. We still have a few things that have been handed on since Madeleine and they are full of memories. For me, some clothes will always be associated with a particular girl no matter how many sisters wore them after her. That's the case with Grace's first birthday outfit, Sophie's brown and pink dress and Mia's tie dyed Elmo shirt to name a few.
Today, I was extra sentimental as I packed up the rest of what I would call Ella's baby clothes. She's officially a little lady and, after today, a stylish one at that.
I bought this sweater for Madeleine when we were living in Spain. All of the girls have worn it.
Grace admired this outfit. It's one of hers. It's a little snug now but check out the photo below.
MGD and doting Daddy
In other news--this is the prayer pillow I made for Ella. For now it will be a pocket to hold her friends. I had to sneak it into her crib for this picture. She is very particular about only having her doll Elizabeth in either her bed or her rocking chair and she kicks other "friends" I try placing there to the curb. Only 22 months and already set in her ways.
I just got caught up on a couple of weeks worth of your posts. I just love your blog! The prayer pillows are great. I'm going to send some holy cards -- good place for a rosary too.
ReplyDeleteThe weather here is cold and overcast -- lots of rain yesterday. We went to a train museum. Today we're going to the aquarium. It's supposed to be very good. Will post photos later.
Hugs and kisses,
Gramma