Friday, March 4, 2011

Whatever Comes First

So, I have to admit--this week has been the worst in recent memory.  I won't go into the sordid details here but as I commiserated with my younger but often much wiser sis' about things, she said, "Duh--I told you that a long time ago.  Will you just give up on it?"  Giving up is not really my strong suit.  I am stubbornly hopeful when it comes to things that I believe are worthwhile.  And I give second, third and fourth chances to people who don't always deserve them.  Today though, I feel such a relief in putting down my pack and saying "when".
This evening in the grocery store, I heard a song I'd never heard before and it echoed my sentiments exactly though for different reasons.  I wanted to sing along so I came home, googled the lyrics (isn't that amazing?) and found it.  If I had a convertible, I would put the top down, ride around in the balmy Houston spring air and sing it tonight.  Instead I might just spin around in the backyard with my arms out.  The song is called "Whatever Comes First" by Sons of the Desert in case you want to check it out.  It's my for-now theme song, a blessing and a reminder that wonderful change is on the way and it's gonna be great.

Ciao for now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had a bad week. If you think you can talk with me, please feel free. I'm here.
    It was good to see you MNO, and I meant to tell you how much I like your short hair!
    I could tell that your heart was heavy, but I'm glad that you are now hopeful of "new beginnings."

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.