Monday, March 7, 2011

Keeping It Real

So, I bought myself a present today.  It is what I call a "dumb" clock.  It has no radio, CD player or ipod docking station.  The time and alarm are set by moving the hands.  The wording on the box promises that it will hit 11:11 twice a day and make waking up super fun.  I can't wait to try it.


In other big news of the day, I purchased my very first Justin Bieber song.  Chuck E was singing it today during the party we attended.  I liked it and tracked Madeleine down to give me the scoop on what it was.  After she told me she said, "You're going to buy it aren't you?"  (I have a bit of an itunes habit)  I just smiled and she said, "Mo--om".  I told her she's lucky to have such a hip mom.  Her response, "You're not hip, you're weird".  So I said, "And you're grounded"  (which was a joke but isn't it great to pull out that trump card every once in awhile?)  Later, I was shaking my booty in the kitchen while making dinner and listening to "Baby" when Madeleine came in and asked, "What are you doing?  You look like a preying mantis."  Fortunately, I have a pretty strong ego and I responded with, "Not everyone can be the super dancer you are .  Oh--and you're on water restriction too."  Later, Madeleine showed me a modification of my move and is calling it the "mom move".  It is sure to be a hit in our house.
Do you have a teenage daughter?  If not you should get one.  They definitely keep it real.

See you here next time.

1 comment:

  1. Madeleine cracks me up. As long as she saves all the criticism for you and I just get all the sweet comments. I like Justin Bieber, though. I saw an interview with him, and I was just impressed with him.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.