
So, today, for the first time, Ella attended a birthday party without her big sisters. One of my home school mom friends held an afternoon tea for her newly three year old daughter and invited other girls the same age. It was a great opportunity for me to bond with my youngest. First, we hit my very favorite toy store to pick out the gift. I found about ten things I liked and other things I would have liked for my own girls but managed to leave with only what we needed. Ella proudly carried the bag. She fell asleep in the car just before we arrived at the party but was so excited that she woke up ready to go instead of cranky. My friend did a wonderful job with all of the party details. The guests were able to roam freely and enjoy the toys and various stations where they could don girly accessories, paint their nails and get photos taken. Refreshments were pint-sized and very pink. As a girl mom, I loved the whole thing. Several other ladies and I commented on how nice it would be if women still attended tea parties and wore gloves and hats Audrey Hepburn style.
The girls and I have another party to go to tomorrow at lunchtime. We'll be dining with a big mouse that Ella is slightly afraid of. Very fun and 180 degrees from today's festivities.
Best wishes for an indulgent pair of days before the start of Lent! Tata till next time.
do it yourself lipgloss
dressing up for the "run the sugar cube to the bowl" game
oops
mission accomplished--mostly
babes and books
Ella explains the fine points of Dora
When Ella and I got home, Grace thrust these at me.
I have been buying and arranging flowers for our foyer lately but these kinds of bouquets
are my very favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.