Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Twitterpated

Flynn Rider of Tangled


I can't believe I'm writing this but Chris and I agree it's official.  Our little Ella, youngest Doyle Dame, has her very first crush.  I noticed that something was up when, every time she had an opportunity to choose an online coloring page, she requested images from a particular movie and then always of one, rather rascally yet rakishly good looking character.  Next, she started naming things after him, talking about him and even singing about him-- "You, Me and Flynn".  It's a catchy tune really.  We're wondering if we should be concerned that her first love is a cartoon character.  He's much too old for her and will most certainly get her into trouble.  (Mia points out that we may not need to worry as she has several other novios as well.  The list includes...Chaucer, Mickey Mouse and Fr. TJ)


And while we're on the subject of Ella...her musical talent is not restricted to singing the praises of Flynn.  A couple of days ago, I took her with me on a quick grocery run.  From the back of the cart, she serenaded the whole store with, "I love my Mommy.  Yes I do.  I love my Mommy.  She's so cute."  (I am definitely not cute.)  It was rather loud but I was enjoying it so I didn't try to shush her.  As we headed toward the checkout, a woman came over and said she'd been enjoying Ella's singing from several aisles over.  The girl working the register was smiling so hard I thought she might give us our groceries for free.  Just another day in the life of Ella's mama.

1 comment:

  1. I'm smiling here and I don't even hear Miss Ella singing...so, I can imagine your bystanders. Cute, cute, cute!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.