Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Favorite Things

Frugal.  A great word.  One I think about and aspire to but sadly, one that has very little to do with me.  I'm not proud of that but there it is.  I have a huge weak spot for all things cute, soft, chic or--most importantly--on sale.  The following are a few recent splurge items that I had to share.

 ceramic measuring spoons
guaranteed to do all the baking for me

 set of four iron votive holders
If you know me well, you know that I already have the world's largest candle collection but I had to add these.  They are beautiful.

 very cool
This is a "vintage spiral memorabilia holder".  It came with 24 S hooks for hanging things.  Chris and I came up with a dozen different uses for this including birthday displays, quote collections, grandparent collages and of course, Christmas card holder.  I think the inaugural use will be for Chris' birthday in a few weeks.  As long as the messages are G rated, the stand can even stay in the foyer.

my very own pillow pet
all the girls have one and I felt left out--now they all want mine.

Half way to the weekend.  Hope you have something fun planned (like shopping)!
See you here next time.


2 comments:

  1. If only those dadgum ingredients would jump into those measuring spoons, eh? Cute purchase! I'm always making homemade 'whatevers' for our Adult Faith Formation program {much to everyone's Lenten disappointment and/or waistline, lol} so I am especially envious of those measuring spoons! Yesterday I made fresh strawberry muffins...they sound better than they tasted to me, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That memorabilia holder is THE BOMB! *love* it!! (can you find one for me? :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.