Monday, March 9, 2009

Houston Rodeo Part 1


A barrel of monkeys

This morning, Mia, Grace, Sophie, Ella and I went to the Houston Livestock and Rodeo Show.  We went as part of a homeschool field trip to tour the Agventure building but we arrived early to see the other attractions.  I was fortunate to have my in-laws, Jack and Barbara, along for company and to help with the kids.  We had so much fun!  We started the day at "Fun on the Farm" where the kids learned about farming from the beginning, planting, to the end, products in the grocery store.  After that, we watched the crazy animal races.  There were goats, ducks, pigs, sheep and maybe more that I missed racing for their respective teams.  Mia got to be our team section leader once and our animal won so she won a prize.  It is a pooping cow keychain which we will be giving away.  I told Mia I'd buy her a toy more appropriate for a princess.  The girls' favorite part of the day was the petting zoo.  Poor Sophie had fallen asleep by then but Mia and Grace braved the aggressive goats and petted and fed quite a few animals.  We ended our day with a ride down Goliath Slide.  Mia and Grace each rode twice and won once.  Everyone slept on the way home except the driver and my sidekick Barbara.  When we got home and told Daddy of our escapades, he suggested we buy tickets through Shell and go back at night to watch the Rodeo, see the concert and have more fun.  So we'll be back.  Stay tuned.

Who knew?  I think I may appreciate my next omelet a bit more!

Gathering

Milking the cow.  From what I've heard, it's not quite this easy.

Where's a sorting hat when you need one?

Sweet Mia Bia

Watching the crazy animal races

Ella got to ride a pony

Queen bee

We saw a longhorn

Not nearly as cute as this longhorn

The petting zoo was a hit

I don't usually buy them matching things but I couldn't resist this shirt I saw at the rodeo.  
It says, "I found my prince.  His name is Daddy." 

4 comments:

  1. darn skippy! i'm much cuter than a regular cow, lol.

    cute pics! i think i'll use that pic for my FB profile since i don't hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those shirts for Lauren!! If you go back get me one and I'll pay you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. same here...one adult small and one size four, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have gone to the rodeo. What fun! I would have just loved watching the horses. Can't wait to see you all! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.