Thursday, March 5, 2009

Enchanted


Without a doubt, the 2008 movie of the year in Casa Doyle was Enchanted.  I took the girls and their beloved cousin Rachel to see the film on the big screen in November of 2007 and we all loved it.  I thought the transition between animation and real life was creative and the story was a typical fairy tale.  I was a bit surprised at the choice of actors because they seemed (and I hate to admit this) a bit old for the target audience.  Patrick Dempsey is a great choice for my generation but for Mia and Grace...anyway, Mia got the movie in her Easter basket and we have watched it many times since with the exception of Sophie who is scared of the giant at the beginning and the dragon at the end.  She knows the story as well as the other girls though.  
Not too long ago, Mia, Grace and Sophie started asking me for apples.  I was happy to give them fruit for a snack but wanted to cut the apples so they could share.  They insisted on having their own though and when the apples came back to me half-eaten, I decided to cut around the parts they'd bitten so we could eat the rest (mostly Chris would eat the rest--I affectionately call him our goat).  It wasn't long before I discovered why they needed their own apples.  They were playing Enchanted and they each wanted to take a turn as Giselle by biting into a perfect apple and then wilting to the floor.  The reason I found out about their game is that they started playing it at the top of the stairs and I had half-eaten apples rolling down the steps-- just like in the movie.  A noisy game.  I think it's cute and very entertaining so I let them play.  I have just started buying smaller apples!

A dainty bite and...

Giselle is down

A quick recovery so she can watch her apple roll down the steps

With Grace, the apple is more thrown than dropped

Poor princess...where's Patrick Dempsey when you need him?

4 comments:

  1. I love that movie. Lawrence bought it for... me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah--I should have added that the girls also call to each other with that sing songy thing Giselle does to summon the animals. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this what they mean when they talk about a "good death?" Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.