It's March Madness and poor Chris is under the Ella
I have missed blogging but wouldn't have had much to say other than that we are a house of contagion. I was diagnosed with strep throat on Wednesday morning but after two rounds of the antibiotic, felt back to normal. Mia and Sophie were the next to fall. I took them in today. They both tested positive for strep and Sophie actually has scarlet fever which is a particular strain of strep that, if left untreated, can lead to heart and kidney problems. Thank God for antibiotics. I can't imagine getting that news 100 years ago. Today, I felt no alarm at all knowing that a trip to CVS would provide us with everything we need to fight back. Sophie was a sweet patient. She threw her arms around my neck and told me "I love you, Mommy" three or four times today. Since I'm still on my own medicine, I had no problem putting my face right in hers and hugging her back.
Madeleine, Chris, Ella and my parents are okay so far. Grace was sick earlier in the week but is apparently tougher than the germs because she was back at it in less than 24 hours. The doctor recommended that we quarentine Mia and Sophie and that worked for about two hours. I suspect that Madeleine will succumb to the sickness on Monday just in time to not return to school after spring break!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.