Friday, March 27, 2009

Alex en la universidad


Last night, I took Alex with me to teach my Spanish class at the community college.  We are working on prepositions of place, words like "close to", "behind", "beside" etc.  I have a couple of fun games to practice those words and last night, I added Alex to the mix.  Alex stood next to my beautiful stick drawings on the board and students answered the question, "Where's Alex?" by saying things like "al lado de Pedro" & "lejos de Ester".  After that, Alex sat down and learned about the difference between "ser" and "estar".  He is such a smart little guy that he caught on right away.
My students liked Alex so much that they want to make him some new clothes.  I thought that was a good idea and offered them a few points extra credit if they make him something and label it correctly in Spanish.  I'm hoping for a bathing suit, a cowboy hat and maybe some boots.  I can't post the pictures I took of Alex with the class but we got some good ones and they will be going back to Virginia with him in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.