Goodbye Nikes
Last week, I had to say goodbye to some old friends. I had been putting it off, but after I ran my long run, I realized that I was just postponing the inevitable and needed to buy new running shoes. There are two reasons I had avoided buying new shoes. One is the cost--there's always something I'd rather spend $100 on--and the other, the fact that my old shoes and I have covered many miles together. I've had them for two years. They have served me well and I find it hard to let them go.

My new shoes are Brooks. I bought them at a swim/run specialty shop here in Kingwood. And they're okay. It's not running nirvana though and I'm starting to think that my aching feet and knees may have more to do with age than my shoes.
I plan to be one of those old ladies out there running until I drop though so I have many miles to cover, aching body parts and all.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.