......all of you who gave me a hard time about attending Droid University at the Verizon Store.
You know who you are. You may have said something like, "Why don't you just play with it at home and figure it out yourself?" Well, I won't say that you were wrong because I'm sure the do-it-yourself method works for some. I prefer the personal touch of a real live teacher patiently answering questions and offering helpful hints to, in this case,--I have to say it--old people. I was the youngest one there if that tells you anything.
The class was very well done. I not only learned the answers to all of my questions, I found out about things I never would have thought to try to discover on my own. There was no cost and all participants received 25% off any accessories* and, after overhearing me tell another employee that my husband is with AT&T through Shell, a manager walked me to the door, telling me about a 19% a month discount if we change my account to Chris' name (a Shell employee discount). That will be huge for us!
The moral to this story? Person-to-person teaching and sharing can't be beat. It's fun, informative and sometimes even lucrative. Now, go hug a teacher! Preferably a Spanish one :)
*They also provided free water and snacks which may interest any of you out there who have a thing for free food.
So a droid is what? A smart phone version? Or is it a little metal robot that looks like a trash can - aka R2D2?
ReplyDelete