So, I never got back to you about Chris' inaugural announcing/ DJ gig last weekend. I missed most of it because Sophie was feeling puny. We only caught about five events, including Grace's first race in butterfly. She followed Coach Mark's advice to "put your booty in it" and won handily. Meanwhile, Chris must have done a more than decent job because he was asked to be the official announcer for all home meets next year. Then, our team rep asked him to please DJ our end-of-year party and awards ceremony this Sunday. I'm so proud of my music-loving man. I just hope he doesn't decide to grow his hair out and chuck it all for a full time record spinning gig.
In other news, some recent funny-strange moments at Casa Doyle:
Yes, that is Grace's head inside our school desk. I thought she was playing so I lifted the lid to "find her" but she put it right back down again and promptly fell asleep.
Grace and I walked home together from the pep rally tonight. On the way, she opened someone's mailbox and I told her to stop that and that tampering with mail was a crime (one of those stupid things parents say that is definitely overkill). My answer interested her and she asked what would happen if someone did it. I told her I wasn't sure exactly--fines, jail, let's not find out. Her response? "It's fun to find things out even if they're bad things." Serious insight into Grace. And I can relate. I had that same kind of curiosity as a kid. All the same, time to step up the prayers if you happen to be her godmother.
Ella the trash monster. This was all her idea. Sometimes I think she's our resident comedian. She's randomly very funny.
Coming soon: Happy Families. There's still time to answer our question.....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.