 |
| leading the Responsorial Psalm |
This morning, for the very first time, Madeleine served as cantor at Mass. It is the cantor's job to lead all the songs, responses and sung parts of the Mass. The Responsorial Psalm is probably the most stressful part because it is essentially a solo. Madeleine breezed through it. She also aced the one song with verses in Spanish. Really though--I had no doubt things would go off without a hitch. She's been practicing madly for weeks, plunking out notes on the piano to get her pitch exactly right. Her piano teacher, Miss Lita, was her accompanist. It was sometimes difficult to hear Madeleine as Lita plays very enthusiastically and, well, loudly. She gave Madeleine high praise at the end. From Lita, high praise is mile high.
After Mass, we went to brunch with G and G Doyle and our buddies the Rouselles to celebrate. I reflected a bit on the fact that this was one of the many times in my life when I will see one of the girls go somewhere that I haven't been. I find it truly awesome to experience those things through my daughters. I had a decent enough voice growing up but never really worked at it or got better. Madeleine loves to sing and trains herself to improve. Today, she was poised and beautiful. She certainly blessed all of us by using her gifts in the service of God.
There really is so much to look forward to from that girl!
How wonderful! Wish we could have been there to hear her sing. She has such a pretty voice. Tell her congrats and we can't wait to see her and the rest of the Doyle clan.
ReplyDeleteThis gave me chills. I'm so proud of her. I can't carry a tune for anything - so I'm super impressed with her poise! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I always joke that in my next life I'll be able to sing and I'll be tall!!