Tonight, Madeleine won the Coach's Award, the highest of the lot. I am kicking myself for not having my camera in video mode because Coach Mark said some things I want to remember. Things relating to her performance on the swim team and things relating to who she is as a person. He said, "If I had another daughter, I'd want her to be Maddie." Apparently, Madeleine was parents' choice as well. More than one family stepped up to say she deserved the award.
So, here's the thing--I have never really cared about our girls' performance in anything from school work to sports to art to piano. I have always wanted them to know that I love them for who they are, for who God made them. I want to see them try. Anything else? Gravy. But tonight, I find myself incredibly proud of our girls' achievements and of all the compliments we get on our family. Coach Mark specifically congratulated Chris on the job we are doing with Madeleine and said he was serious when he said he'd love to have a daughter exactly like her. Truly amazing. I feel grateful and inspired to continue to "bring it" in my role as mama to these girls and wife to their dad. Tomorrow's my birthday but really, can it get any better than this?
*Ponderosa times are faster by All Stars by as much as six seconds. It's the time to get for sure.
A quick cheer for inspiration to kick some booty at Divisonals
Grace gets in the Wahoo spirit
Really into it
Sophie's an old pro waiting on the blocks
Flying
Shark cap in front. She won her heat and dropped ten seconds off her fastest freestyle time. Incredible!
Grace, posing
Another pose
There she goes
Muscles on display
Madeleine launches. I love everything about this photo.
Fast forward to the awards ceremony. Grace takes her medal. She also won high point award for six and under girls. Huge.
Sophie medals as well
Swim sisters
Mia's award. We felt like she was a bit underappreciated on the team this year. She was there working hard at every practice but is quiet and on the younger end of her group. Tonight, she won a hoodie and some dental products in the end of season lottery and was thrilled. A terrific ending all around.
Amelia Rose Doyle
Madeleine and her buddy Anna
Again
Coaches' Award
And a hug
rejoicing all around
Coaches + Madeleine
Ella had a few accomplishments today as well. She finally learned to breathe and she taught herself a little backstroke. Underwater backstroke-- so, a little off the norm but great all the same.
Happy Alice Day everyone!!
Really cool, Alice!! Loving the swimming photos and hearing how well the girls are doing! You definitely deserve some time to dote on Madeleine:)
ReplyDeleteCongrats all around. What a great confidence booster for Madeleine. She really is a great girl. I know we're all looking forward to seeing her and the other Doyles VERY soon.
ReplyDeleteGood for all the girls. Sounds like a great end of season! (Hard to imagine it's the end when in VA it's just beginning.)
ReplyDelete