I love catching my kids in the act of doing things that surprise me. I admit that I am occasionally guilty of thinking of them as mini me-s and forget that they are indeed, their own little people, completely separate and unique.
This post is about a few times recently when I have peeked in on my girls and recognized that if I were to interrupt or insert myself in any way, I would ruin the moment.
First up is Sophie. The other day I found her alone in her room listening to the CD All of a Kind Family. While she listened, she was arranging Jenga blocks to fill book covers. After that, she used them more traditionally, poking out block after block. My heart hurt a little as I realized she was actually old enough to understand the CD without any pictures and without my help.
Mia and Grace have been playing school a lot lately. I love eavesdropping on them from the next room as they speak in their "teacher" voices. They're doing a lot of writing which makes me very happy.
End of Year Lunch Party
I did the set up and cooking but left the dining to them. They were so grown up.
Here, the three pirates obviously knew I was watching but I was not around for the poster-making. I gave them poster board, washable paint and glitter and this was their creation.
Coach Mark dubbed it "Wahoos" by Van Go-Fast
Happy Fin de Semana Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.