Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Bit Excessive

My sweet sixteen-year-old surprised me this afternoon by cleaning and organizing my candle cabinet.  I had mentioned to her that it was one of the hot spots I wanted to de-clutter in a renewed effort to make good use of our space.

I'm sure I've told you that I am quite the candle connoisseur.  Whether it's a new scent that woos me or pretty packaging, I have no will power when it comes to these waxy creations.  And unlike with other things like purses and shoes, buyer's remorse over candles is a bit less remorseful because of the low price tag.  Of course, it often happens that a scent I like in the store is way too strong at home--or even sweet to the point of inducing a headache.  But what to do with a slightly used, almost new candle?  I can't return it or give it as a gift and don't feel right throwing it away.  I know--I'll put it in my candle cabinet!  Maybe I'll want to use it later.  I've been doing this for a few years now.
Which is why, when Madeleine cleared out the cabinet, she found this:




And she laughed.  And did what I would have done.  She took pictures--to remind her that the same mama who occasionally gives her a hard time about the number of t-shirts in her drawer is herself a bit...excessive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.