I was sure he would fall off as I drove and encouraged the girls to watch and tell me when to say goodbye. Amazingly, he made it all the way back to Casa Doyle. How on earth did he grip that slippery surface at such high speeds (lower when Chris is driving :)? None of the girls wanted to hold our new friend but I let him climb up my arm until the itchiness got to me and I sent him along to his new home in our grass. The girls searched but we never saw him again. I've been thinking it would be fun to write a children's story about his adventure and the way it ended happily ever after, living alongside las princesas Doyle.
Today, I made another new acquaintance in our laundry room. I love these little guys--very common here but usually not as house guests. He rested, clinging to the wall for awhile and then moved from the washer to the dryer and back again, taking a break now and then. I got fairly close to take his picture. He must be accustomed to papparrazi because he didn't even twitch. I told Chris about him later and he asked who finally caught him. Hmmm.....good question. I'm thinking he might be folded up in someone's shirt by now.
Other critter encounters:
Pete the Panda is quite the hit at VBS this year. I am embarrassed to say that I can not remember what his real life name is. I know that in years past, he has been Skeeter. Every year, he is great with the kids and they all love him. In the fall, he'll be in his second year of engineering at a college in Canada and, I'm starting to think that maybe smart girls should go to VBS to find a guy as guys who are good with kids are the best.
That elusive creature called the Wahoo.
Madeleine and Grace both qualified for a special meet called Summer Champs. Madeleine placed in several events and got quite a bit of hardware.
Grace didn't place but I bought her a very cool t-shirt--even better!
Last chance to submit an opinion on our question about happiness. Check out the comments under the Happiness post to see what others have said. We have a small but diverse pool and need your two cents! Chris and I have been talking about this quite a bit. In fact, I recently told a friend that one of the benefits of writing this blog is that he and I never have a shortage of things to discuss. So, get with the one you love--or the one you're with--and shake it out.
I ran across this quote about happiness this week:
They're cocktail napkins. I bought them for Chris. He laughed. I said, "No, I'm serious." It was a large pack so, if you would like one to hand to the one you love, along with a cold beverage, shoot me an email and I'll put one in the mail to you.
Have a very happy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.