Monday, June 20, 2011

Rock Your Style

Amelia rocks her socks
In case you couldn't tell, the socks and shoes in the photo two posts back belonged to Mia.  She must have liked the knee high look that day because she has worn them a few times since--socks that match, not the "wild" ones in the photo.  But still, socks pulled up as high as they will go.
On the way into the gym today, I told her, "Mia, we're going to have to start calling you 'Hunter'"*  She gave me the Mia look, more like a glare really.  So I said, "Oh come on, Mia.  If you're going to wear knee socks in the middle of the summer, you have to rock them."  As soon as the words were out, I knew that I had, quite by accident, stumbled on a great piece of advice.  The line is actually borrowed from a very random Wahoos cheer about a mullet:  "Form the mullet, form, form the mullet.  Style the mullet, style style the mullet now ROCK the mullet, ROCK, ROCK the mullet."  There's a lot of head banging and jumping around on that last line.  Now, I have no idea what a mullet has to do with the Wahoos or swimming but I'm thinking that if a person is unfortunate enough to have one, rocking it is an excellent idea.

So--advice for Monday.  Rock your style!  Whether it's a mullet, knee highs, a chicken hat or a stain on your shirt where you spilled your coffee, it's all cool if you ROCK it!**


*Hunter Pence is well known for his old school, to-the-knees sock fashion.
**Skeptical?  Please see Napoleon Dynamite

4 comments:

  1. So tell me how to rock it. I always have stains on my shirt. I just thought I needed a bib -- or a "clothing protector" as they say at the nursing home. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wear it with a smile and an attitude that says, "See that stain on my shirt? Yeah--I put it there. On purpose. You should get one."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock the mullet...the connection to swimming is when you put on a swim cap you can keep your hair coming out the back of the cap...instant mullet. I'm wearing my socks knee-high right now! (Under my work slacks...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your knowledge of the mullet is both fascinating and scary. I would like to remind you of our PG rating though--our readers do not need to know what goes on under your slacks.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.