Monday, August 31, 2009

It's That Time of Year Again...

...What's a Girl To Do?


Fantasy Football.  I have to say, after a decade of marriage to the biggest sports nut I know, I still don't get it.  I mean, I do get it--the fun of selecting and managing a team and competing with friends and co-workers.  Maybe even winning some money.  But the fever?  The staying up half the night working on a mock draft (which to me sounds a little like playing yourself in scrabble but I admit I'm uninitiated).  What do us girls have that's even remotely in the same league?  
Granted, some women jump right into the fray and play with the boys.  The year my family had a league, Chris and I managed a team together and that was interesting but let's face it, I was there for moral support.  If I was interested in a particular player it tended to be because I'd heard he was a good family man or had a nice smile.  I'm sure there are women out there who share the intensity and passion of their male competitors but I have only met one so far*.
So back to my question--what's a girl to do?  I hear that happily married men have wives who share their interests so I will ask Chris about his team and try try try again to follow games on the radio.  Meanwhile, I remain in search of the female equivalent to FF and if you have the answer, share por favor.

*I am talking specifically about Fantasy Football not enjoyment of football in general.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Alice. You know it all starts with a love for football, and it goes from there. I think we have to get you to LOVE football - yes, this will be my mission - tell Chris he can thank me by getting me some box seats to any UT game this year. ;) BUT, that said, I <3 football and I am onboard with fantasy football, and still don't get the pull to staying up all night to do those things.

    Girls have scrapbooking. ::Pft!:: Or blogging - working on that perfect header year round, perhaps...

    BTW, our team is going to KICK BUTT this year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.