Friday, August 7, 2009

Are You Sure It Was My Cat?

Ever since we were first married, Chris has been bringing jokes to the dinner table.  Here's his latest:

One day, a man was driving on a long country road.  He was enjoying the pretty scenery outside his side window when suddenly he spotted a cat in the road.  But it was too late, the man ran right over that cat.

After a few minutes, the man's guilt got the better of him, and he turned the car around to search for the cat's owner.  He drove up to a farm house next to the spot where he hit the cat.  An old farmer's wife answered the door.  

"Hello, ma'am," he began.  "I'm sorry to tell you this, but I believe I just ran over your cat."

"Oh, no, that's terrible!" she replied.  "Wait a minute, what makes you so sure it was my cat?" she demanded.  "What does he look like?"

The man looked at the woman, then did this:


The woman shook her finger at the man.  "No you fool!  I mean what did he look like BEFORE you hit him!?"

The man looked at the woman for a moment, then did this:


1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.