Monday, August 10, 2009

Headers

So--you may have noticed a little activity around Frodo Seven's header recently.  Because a couple of you have asked me about the headers and where I get them, I thought I'd give you some specific info.  
At about the time I started the blog, my SIL introduced me to scrapblog, an online scrapbooking site.  (Click here to check it out for yourself).  I needed help with the first one as I learned how to access all the different backgrounds, stickers and frames.  I was very pleased with the final result though, especially the fairy tale theme, which fit our family and our five dancing princesses very well.  

Six months later, we arrived in Woodstock for our extended visit and Chris suggested I change the header for the month so I went to work again--this time on my own--and found the owls.  I love owls and have several around the house so that header was appropriate too.  

I had planned to go back to my original header when we got home but my helpful editor intervened again with a suggestion to update it.  So, I went back to scrapblog and made the one with the black background that I only had up for a few days.  

Unfortunately, the beautiful family photo on the beach didn't look very good blown up--at least two of the girls looked like they had pirate teeth--so I went back to the drawing board.  It took me a few hours to make the latest one because I looked through every themed page available on the site.  I'm very happy with it, especially our guest spokesperson.  The quote I chose is from a fairy tale site that I used when I was planning my sister's 30th birthday party.  I put it on tote bags for all of my siblings as a thank you for "bringing it" to mom and dad's anniversary party.  A Dr. Seuss quote was the runner up and I'll be keeping that one on file for later projects.  
Although I've only used scrapblog to make my Frodo Seven headers, I may use it in the future for party invitations, Christmas cards or special projects.  It's easy to use and--free--if you choose one of the complimentary themes.  Best of all--there's no mess or toting around of huge suitcases full of supplies like there is with old-fashioned scrapbooking.  I may still make a book or two for my girls the old-fashioned way but for the most part, I am a convert to the online kind of memory preservation.  You'll have to let me know if you get started on it too.  Best of luck!

2 comments:

  1. What perfect timing! I was going to inquire on your headers just now, and here it is you've beat me to the punch! Thanks.

    On a side note, I had a dream last night that you guys had decided to move to VA. Of course, the selfish part of me doesn't want that to happen, but seeing all the fun you guys have over there, who could blame you!

    Promise we'll get together soon, ok?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stealing this post idea. Lord knows I've got enough to post and what better way to commemorate all those special milestones.

    Thanks for the ideer, A. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.