Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hangin' Out With Ceci Pt2

Back to the DTAQ

This must be my third? fourth? post this year about the Downtown Aquarium.  We can't seem to stay away from the place.  I admit that this time, I was thinking "been there, done that" and even looked into skipping the aquarium visit and joining Kevin, Barbara and Ceci for the rides and water fun.  The all-day pass was much more economical though so we went for the whole thing.  I was glad we did because we saw a few things we've never seen before--like the octopus moving back and forth across the tank and the stingrays up close and personal from inside the bubble.  I took yet more photos of the girls in the big diving suit and a couple with the white tiger--with Barbara to play photographer, I jumped in to that photo for the first time.  
It was two for one coupon day so the DTAQ was more crowded than usual.  It was also hot so we kept our rides to a minimum and skipped right to playing in the dancing fountains.  There was a DJ to keep the kids both entertained and supplied with bouncy balls and all of the Texas Doyles (except Ella) spent most of their time knee surfing through the water.  It looked painful but must have been a lot of fun.

With all this "Bringing Peace", our girls should be saints


Sophie the Brave marched right up to check out the octopus





Ella knows it's a fake tiger so why doesn't Mommy?







Sensible Ceci
This is the only way to handle the Texas heat if you're from out of town
(I borrowed this photo from Kevin's blog "Say Almost Anything Famous"
click here to check out his perspective on the visit.)

Coming Up:  More Hangin' Out With Ceci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.