There are some things that I can only appreciate from an outside perspective. For example, I don't think much about my bed on a regular basis but from 1200 miles away, it looks like the most comfortable thing in the world. We were all sad to say goodbye to Camp Kreitzer on Monday morning and Sophie lobbied hard to stay behind with Grandma and Paka but as we crossed the border into Texas, we all cheered and counted the minutes until we pulled up in front of Casa Doyle. Jack and Barbara have been warning us about the heat but it feels just right to me which goes to prove that we human beings are capable of adapting to just about anything!
So yes, I'm glad to be home in Texas and at the same time, I'm already missing Camp Kreitzer and my "peeps". It reminds me of something my brother David said a few years ago. He was on a business trip and called mom and dad's to talk to Jes who was staying out there while we were visiting. Before passing the phone to Jes, I said, "I think you have the wrong number Dave, this isn't your home". Without missing a beat, he said, "home is where the Jes is". That quote is in the top five most romantic things I've ever heard anyone say (surprising given that double-Es aren't known for their poetry) and how true it is. For me too, home is where I find the people I love. So I have several "homes" both near and far but of course Casa Doyle--wherever it is--will always be the one I come back to.
I don't remember that, if I ever heard it. It makes me smile, though. What a sweet husband I have!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you made it safe. We miss you already - although I have needed some long nights of sleep to recover. Even though it's not my preference to have you so far away, it does make the time when you're here very fun and exciting. Maybe I'll put up with it for a little while longer : )