Because of all the hoopla surrounding my parents' anniversary party on Saturday, I am a little late getting this post up. One of the things that was obvious as our whole family came together to celebrate was that we were not only celebrating my parents' 40 years of marriage but the fruit of their marriage--our big and amazing family--which isn't perfect but is incredibly special.
The next day, Sunday, was my little sister Jamie's twenty-sixth birthday and this post is for her.
Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.
Anonymous
Because Aunt Jamie is a favorite with our kids, I turned to them for some help with this post. Here are our answers to the following "what ifs":
If Jamie were a flower, she would be:
Madeleine: a pink tulip because it reminds me of spring
Sophie: a blue flower because that's my favorite kind and she looks like one
Alice: a rose
Chris: a sunflower
Maggie G: a daisy because it's pretty
Mia: Queen Anne's Lace because Mommy, me and Grandma Kreitzer like that flower
If Jamie were a movie, she would be:
Mia: Snow Buddies because I like that movie
Madeleine: The Princess Diaries
Grace: Wall E because it's funny
Chris: Anastasia because of Anya
Alice: The Smurfs because she'd make a perfect Smurfette
Sophie: Happy Feet because she's happy
If Jamie were a song, she would be:
Gracie: Brickhouse because it's my song and I like it
Mia: Ain't No Mountain High Enough because it makes me think the voices are hers and Jonathan's
Chris: Let Them Be Little because she loves the babies
Madeleine: Don't Stop Believin' because she likes to have fun and is optimistic
Alice: She because it reminds me of her
Sophie: Who Let the Dogs Out because Jamie has a lot of dogs
If Jamie were a holiday, she would be:
Maggie G: Valentine's Day because I could send her a card
Chris: Valentine's Day ("poor" Jonathan)
Mia: Easter because one year Easter was on my birthday and that was special
Madeleine: Christmas because she's always baking cookies and giving presents to everyone and she has a really good Christmas spirit
Alice: Christmas because I would make sure she joined me and David and Neil for one of our middle of the night junk-food-eating, present-peeking parties
Sophie: winter because that's my favorite holiday
If Jamie weren't a full-time mommy to Anya, she would make a great:
Alice: chef
Mia: dog trainer
Madeleine; interior designer
Chris: beer wench at a golf course
Grace: cleaning the dishes?
Sophie: someone who can play with me
I love Aunt Jamie because:
Grace: she always lets me pet Roo Bug and Pumpkin
Madeleine: she's generous, fun to talk to, has an awesome daughter and bakes endless amounts of Christmas cookies
Mia: she always calls me "Mia Muffin" and she loves me
Chris: for her seven layer dip
Sophie: she flips me over
Alice: for lots of reasons--she's thoughtful, kind to the kids, funny, has a great laugh, is a good sport (the 5K walk right in front of the police car comes to mind)--mostly though, I love her just because she's my little sister. I think that's reason enough.
So, Happy Belated Birthday Jamie! Lots of love from all the Doyles!
Awww! Thank you! Sorry I'm so late reading this (Anya's birthday party was more work than my wedding lol) but it was very sweet! Give all those little girls hugs and kisses from us!! =)
ReplyDelete