Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!


I am what I am
That's a great thing to be
If I say so myself, 
Happy Birthday to me!
Dr. Seuss

How well do you know me?  Take my quiz to find out.  ¡Buena suerte!

1)  When I was little, I wanted to be:

a.  a Marine
b.  an actress
c.  a teacher
d.  a doctor
e.  a school bus

2)  The name "Alice" means:

a.  tall tower
b.  pearl
c.  truthful
d.  torch
e.  happy hobbit mama

3)  Of all the places I've visited, my favorite is:

a.  Mallorca, the Balearic Islands
b.  Paris, France
c.  Costa Rica
d.  Santiago de Compostela, Spain
e.  Southern Ireland

4)  My preferred drink is:

a.  Shiner Bock
b.  sangría
c.  red wine
d.  margarita, frozen, sin sal
e.  my brother-in-law's raspberry martinis
f.  miller lite

5)  My favorite color is:

a.  blue
b.  pink
c.  purple
d.  rainbow
e.  crimson

6)  If I had a theme song it would probably be:

a.  Hey Girl--OAR
b.  Margaritaville--Jimmy Buffett
c.  Over My Head--The Fray
d.  Too Much--Dave Matthews
e.  Talk Dirty To Me--Poison
f.  Country Roads--John Denver

7)  I probably have more ________________ than anyone you know.

a.  shoes
b.  children
c.  patience
d.  candles
e.  bad habbits

8)  My (secret) life motto is:

a.  just do it
b.  attack the hills
c.  this too shall pass
d.  yes
e.  life is good

9)  If I were a Disney "princess" I would have to be:

a.  Ariel--The Little Mermaid
b.  Mulan
c.  Meg--Hercules
d.  Belle--Beauty and the Beast
e.  Pocahontas

10)  When I'm hungry, I go for:

a.  french fries
b.  cereal
c.  cookies
d.  potato chips
e.  one of my kids

11)  I'm proud of my collection of:

a.  wine charms
b.  lladro
c.  frames
d.  smurf glasses
e.  running trophies

12)  I consider it a priviledge to share a birthday with which of the following famous females?

a.  Jane Austin
b.  Helen Keller
c.  Joan of Arc
d.  Marie Curie
e.  Miss Piggy

Are you sure you're ready to peek?  Do you want to double check your answers?  OK--here goes.

1)  B--actress.  I have an aunt who was and is in the business.  I wanted to be just like her.  If I had it to do again, I'd go for "a" and "e" was my little brother Neil's big goal.
2)  C--truthful.  I definitely have a name to live up to.  (I think "e" fits me best.)
3)  E--southern Ireland.  I loved Santiago but Ireland felt like home to me.
4)  A,B,C,D & E depending on my mood and the weather.  If you put "f" tisk tisk.  Life is too short for yucky, tasteless beer.
5)  A--blue.  Though I admire kids who refuse to choose just one color and instead go for "d".
6)  I have to go with F--Country Roads.  I am proud of my humble West Virginia roots and for me, the road to heaven is not lined with yellow brick, silver or gold.  It's a simple country road much like the one that winds up Cherry Hill in Wheeling, WVA.  If you chose "a", give yourself half a point--I'm always up for an adventure.  No comment if you chose "e".
7)  D--candles.  "e" probably applies as well but it's not very nice of you to point that out so--no points for you!
8)  D--yes!  Yes to God, yes to my family, yes to my friends and yes to all of the opportunities that come along--even the scary ones.  I try to think of my "no"s as "yes"s in disguise--"yes"s to something more important.
9)  C--I know she's not technically a princess but she does snag a god.  I love Meg.
10)  A & D--either one.  I love salty things and don't eat many sweets.  I will enjoy the chocolate fondue we're having for my birthday though.  Oh and give yourself half a point if you chose "e"--my girls are so yummy.
11)  D--smurf glasses.  We break them out for special occasions and I like them so much I've expanded into other smurf paraphernalia that my kids covet.  Oh, and if you put "e", all I can say is "Ha!"
12)  B--Helen Keller.  I find this amazing because she is one of my top role models.  What an incredible woman.

So, how'd you do?  I hope you enjoyed my quiz.  Chris missed two and knows me better than anyone so maybe I'm more mysterious than I thought.
When I blow out my birthday candles this weekend, I'll first be thanking God for all of the family and friends who light up my life and second...well, I can't tell you that or it won't come true.  Tata for now!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday, Alice! Lawrence and I took your quiz together but didn't keep track of the score. We probably got half of them. But I did say definitely fries or chips for #10, so that should count as 2. Hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. T-answer "e" in number 6 was for you. I think that should be your theme song given your excellent job shimmying around in cut up clothes and teased hair pretending to sing it. A truly outstanding performance that should go down in the record books. Maybe you can top it this summer though. Now to come up with a song that's Tara-worthy......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only missed 3! I put "C" on number 8 because it sounded like something House would say. Number 11 I put "A" because I think I've had a different charm on every glass of wine I've had at your casa but I've NEVER seen a Smurf glass. Not special enough I guess? Hrrmmmmph. And on number 12 I put "D" because our last name starts with that letter. (couldn't think of a funny Marie Curie joke)

    Happy Happy Happy Birthday Alice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You say it's your birthday...da da da dun, da da dun. Well...it's my birthday too yeah... (Helen Keller must be singing this disguised as a hamster with a drum. Did you give us that?)

    Hope you had a great time at the Astros game!

    Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I knew most of the ones that were facts about you and your choices. No idea what Alice meant, but, hey, that doesn't come up in our many conversations. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice...it's a good thing I'm planning to see you soon, because I got too many answers wrong! May not have "passed", but was fun taking the quiz...even more fun to see the answers. Hope you had a great birthday!! xoxo, Ingrid

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.