Monday, June 8, 2009

"Are You Ready to BRING IT?"


Her form falters as Mom makes her laugh

If you happen to be an exercise aficionado but have not yet discovered Tony Horton and his P90X, you must check it out.  It was brought to our family the way several of our favorite things have been--via my brother David and SIL Jes.  They started P90X in January and now have a small following of people who have seen their results and believed enough to try it for themselves (click here to see them.  It's pretty incredible.)  
So, Chris and I have a set of the videos and though neither of us is doing the program in its entirety, we both spend quality time with Tony on a regular basis.  I do Ab Ripper X more than anything else and am just beginning to be able to do moves like "Crunchy Frog" and "V Up Roll Ups".  Lately, I have felt that my runs have been doing less and less for me.  I can still run a good distance but I haven't been feeling strong or fit.  I'm hoping that Tony can help me with that.  The workouts in P90X target muscles I obviously haven't touched in some time because they leave me hurting...in a good way.
Yesterday, Madeleine did time with Tony for the first time.  She and I made it through ARX together and half of Arms and Shoulders before I reminded her that she had a swim meet later and needed to rest.  I see more mother-daughter P90X workouts in our future.  

Other Doyles who've been bringing it:


Last Saturday, our Maggie G joined the "No Lane Rope Club" when she swam 25 yards for the first time ever without stopping.  She actually did it twice--in freestyle and backstroke.  I sometimes forget that she's only four.  Wow--we are so proud of her hard work and determination.


Meanwhile, on land, Amelia Rose rode a bike for the first time without training wheels.  She's been working on this off and on for awhile but since we don't have a great place for her to ride, she hasn't made quick progress.  This week, she made the decision to do it and off she went riding her bike all the way to the pool.  Way to go Mia!

So, I'll sign off with the question of the day-- in what part of your life are you "bringing it"?  Take it from Tony--"you can do this...if you want to".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.