Friday, June 26, 2009

Bright Light

Littlest patriot

Today is Ella's half birthday and I'm going to repeat what every parent on the planet says at some point--when did my baby get so big?  I posted a favorite Don Quijote quote about a month back and please bear with me while I repeat it because it applies to Ella.  It is: "he had a face like a blessing".  Those words capture the way I feel when I look at our youngest.  She breaks my heart with her beautiful smile and her adoring looks at me and Chris.  Her way of walking and talking are so uniquely hers and I know with the wisdom of an experienced mother that I must store these moments up in my heart--and on the video camera--because they are so soon replaced by new ones.  
When I was thinking about what I wanted to write today, I looked up what the name Ella means.  I can't believe we haven't done that before.  It doesn't mean "baby penguin", "babbling brook" or "tortured youngest sister" though all of those apply.  What it does mean is "bright light".  Perfect.  Ella is our bright light and she is proof that even though babies one, two, three and four are all wonderful, God never ceases to amaze us with what He still has in store if we are only open to His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.