Thursday, June 25, 2009

When the Cat's Away

Yesterday morning, I had to go out for awhile.  Ella came with me but I left the other girls with Madeleine.  I gave them a couple of chores and told them to have fun playing together.  When I got home a few hours later, the house was completely quiet.  At first I thought the girls were all upstairs playing and I continued the phone conversation with my sister-in-law that I'd begun in the car (sorry, C :)  Jes and I have no problem talking about basically nothing for long periods of time but after fifteen minutes, I decided I should investigate the silent house and at least verify that the kids were still there.  Check out the pictures to see where I found them. They were so proud of themselves--first for doing all their chores and then for fooling Mama.  I was totally impressed with the discipline they showed being still and quiet for so long.  Poor Mia was very sweaty when I finally rescued her.  
Note to self, if a few quiet moments are needed, hide and seek may be just the thing.

A little suspicious

Great hiding spot but I found Madeleine first

Hi Mama!

Tres petite
I must have walked past Sophie three times.






4 comments:

  1. That's so funny. What a pleasant surprise that the quiet was something fun and not trouble. I'm definitely suspicious of the quiet around here, so that would have been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm so surprised Sophie didn't giggle as you walked past!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was from Abby, by the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll have to play hide and seek when you all get here. But I guess they'll be ready to play hide and shriek after two days in the car!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.