Saturday, June 6, 2009

Buy Me Some Peanuts and Cracker Jack (Or Maybe Cotton Candy)


A reenactment of the big moment

If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you have probably noticed that I have the teeniest of teeny tiny crushes on Gregory House.  It's a bit of a joke at Casa Doyle and Chris is okay with it because he likes House too and understands my admiration.
With Chris, I don't worry so much about competition from movie stars or swimsuit models but I do sometimes feel like I'm jockeying for position with people like Mike and Mike in the morning, Roy Oswalt and Lance Berkman.  So I've tried to learn more about the sports Chris follows and I've become an enthusiastic Astros fan (though I still have trouble following the games on the radio).
Thursday night was fun.  It was the first game we've attended as a whole family.  The girls were interested and we were able to stay until the bitter end.
The highlight of the night for me didn't happen on the field though.  On one of our bathroom runs, Grace emerged from her stall holding a ten dollar bill and saying, "look what I found, Mama".  Her sisters were a little jealous and Madeleine even remarked, "that's more than I make babysitting."  We talked about what she could do with her newfound wealth (including saving it) but in the end she decided to buy a bag of cotton candy to share with her sisters.  I  made her bag captain and watched as she generously handed over one huge piece after another without any worry about what would be left for herself.  It was one of those magic moments.  And even though our 'stros lost, we left feeling like winners.

Bonus photo

Mr. and Mrs. Hunter Pence
("These dreams go on when I close my eyes...")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.